I arrived onsite around 4:45am and set up the 2 thang stations and then ran 1.2 miles before the workout to warm up.
We started with the typical beginning,
It’s 5:15 so let’s get started. This is a free, volunteer, peer-led workout. I am definitely not a professional. I have no knowledge of any injuries or fitness considerations that you might have. It is each person’s responsibility to be safe and modify exercises if you need to. We all do it, most important thing is that you don’t get hurt. No FNG’s today. F3 has 5 principles to make sure that it is an F3 workout:
- Be free of charge
- Be open to all men
- Be held outdoors, rain or shine, heat or cold
- Be led by men who participate in the workout in a rotating fashion with no training necessary
- End with a circle of trust
First exercise – Side Strattle Hops (25)
Second exercise – abe vigodas (10)
Third Exercise – Good Mornings (10)
last exercise – Shoulder Circles (10)
Gentlemen, when planning this workout I tried to mix it up some and get creative. First, move your coupons to the side of the parking lot by the pavilion and spread out.
Thang 1 – Coupon Hops (15 minutes)
We will do Thang 1 here. Spread out with your coupon. You will want to be about 8 to 10 feet apart. It is on your own.
- You will do 15 CURLS then set down your coupon and jump over it. Turn around and pick it up and do 15 CURLS. Then set it down and jump over it again.
- You will do 15 OVERHEAD SHOULDER PRESSES then set down your coupon and jump over it. Turn around and pick it up and do 15 OVERHEAD SHOULDER PRESSES. Then set it down and jump over it again.
- You will do 15 BENT OVER ROWS then set down your coupon and jump over it. Turn around and pick it up and do 15 BENT OVER ROWS. Then set it down and jump over it again.
- You will do 15 DIPS then set down your coupon and jump over it. Turn around and pick it up and do 15 DIPS. Then set it down and jump over it again.
Run a short loop around the parking lot where we are parked and come back and do the next set. Rinse and Repeat.
Thang 2 – Counting by 2’s Ladders 20 minutes
I have another station with a green bucket on the far side of the parking lot.
You 15 15 curls with your coupon here and then 15 air squats and then run to the other station.
You will do 2 merkins and 20 jump rope and then run back.
Run back to the first station and now do 15 skull crushers and 15 air squats and run to the far station and do 4 merkins and 20 jump rope and then run back. Alternate between 15 curls and 15 skullcrushers with the 15 air squats at station one and then add 2 merkins each time to the last amount and do 20 jump rope at station 2.
Rinse and repeat. Try to get up to 30 merkins.
Big Boys (30)
Pickle Pushers (20)
NAME-O-RAMA and Announcements
For today’s circle of trust, I wanted to start with a quote
“Attitude is a choice, happiness is a choice, optimism is a choice, kindness is a choice, giving is a choice, respect is a choice, whatever choice you make makes you. Choose wisely”
Everything that we do defines us. We have the ability to choose how we will act in a situation or how we will respond to someone that might have said something less than respectful to us. As I tell my kids, you might feel a certain way in a situation such as upset or frustrated and you can’t control how you feel. But you can control your behavior and how you react. I know that have let my feelings get the best of me before and act in a way that I regret later. I work on learning from these mistakes and try to control better next time.
Think about a situation recently when you might have reacted and acted in a way that you regretted later. Now think how you could have acted differently. Now, I challenge you to put this plan into action the next time something makes you feel that way. Aye?
Ended with prayer.