Cool 51° this morning with 5mph wind and feels like temp of 47°. Rain held off until the end when it misted on us for the last 15 minutes.
Announcement / Disclaimer:
Good morning and welcome! I am not a professional. I do not know of any injuries you may have. Please modify any workout as you need. We are all here on our own free will. Be safe, push hard, and lets go home injury free.
- Free of Charge
- Open to all men
- Held outdoors, rain or shine, hot or cold
- Peer lead in a rotating fashion
- Ends in a circle of trust
Warm O Rama
- Motivators from 8 (IC)
- Knee Rotations x10 (IC) each direction
- Hip Rotation x10 (IC) each direction
- Neck Rotation x10 (IC) each direction
- Failure to Fly x8 (IC) each direction
- Tappy Taps x10 (IC)
- Kettlebell: Dynamic Rows x20 (10 each arm)
- Coupon Mod: Lawn mowers (10 each arm)
- Kettlebell: Gun Slinger x10 Right Arm
- Kettlebell: Gun Slinger x10 Left Arm
- Coupon Mod: Coupon Swings x20
- Offset Merkin x10 Right Arm on KB / Coupon
- Offset Merkin x10 Left Arm on KB / Coupon
- KB Clean x10 Right Arm
- KB Clean x10 Left Arm
- Coupon Mod: Coupon Clean x20
- KB Press x10 Right Arm
- KB Press x10 Left Arm
- Coupon Mod: Coupon Press x20
(2) Sets, Gunslinger Flow:
- (3) Dynamic Rows, (1) Gun Slinger
- Alternate Gun Slinger Arms
- x5 Shots, each arm
- Coupon Mod:
- (3) Bent Row, (3) Coupon Swings
- (5) round, 15 Total Swings
(2) Sets, Offset Merkin Flow:
- 1 Merkin each position
- Right Hand, Both, Left Hand on KB
- Repeat 3 Merkin flow x5 Times
(2) Sets, Clean and Press Flow:
- KB Clean, KB Press Right Arm x5
- KB Clean, KB Press Left Arm x5
- Coupon Mod: Thrusters x10
Thrusters x10 (IC)
Michael Phelps x50 (IC)
Grady Corns (IC) AMRAP until 6am
This morning was a little bit different COT than what I would typically do and decided to share a challenging situation that me and my family are currently working to navigate through.
A little background on me first. Me and the M were each married previously, and each have a daughter from our previous marriage. My stepdaughter is in 8th grade and our oldest at 13. She is with us full time. My daughter is in 6th grade and currently 12 and with us most weekend only and with her mom through the week.
Over the past month we have seen a change in our oldest. She is shy by nature but has been little more withdrawn from the family and spending more time “alone” in her room. This has been a building frustration for me and the M, to the point where we were going to address it with her. However, before we could, we caught her sneaking around and using her phone in the middle of the night, to play games, chat, and facetime with her “friends”. Catching her in that act prompted us to do a detailed sweep of her phone, contacts, and apps. This isn’t the first time we’d done this, however it was the first time the M and I discovered items we were not prepared to find. Including use of forbidden apps and websites, actively hiding of contacts, intentionally reaching out to strangers (in her mind kids) to chat, sharing of inappropriate pics, language, content, creation of multiple accounts with different user names and passwords to mask her behavior. These acts were most certainly not age appropriate and had the intent of deceiving us as parents. Fortunately, we are engaged in our kids lives and picked up on the changes so that we could intervene before any of her actions could leave long lasting negative effects on our lives. There were no nudes, or meetings, but there was chat groups with strangers in other states. The conversations started out innocent enough, but quickly transitioned into the realm that they were likely not being reciprocated by kids her age.
I share this to try and bring awareness to this issue. We have all had the stranger danger talks with our kids, and often think that is enough to give them the awareness they need to navigate these situations. This is not enough. Kids are kids, and they will press boundaries. Its up to us as parents to make sure that the boundaries they cross do not have long lasting consequences and change the trajectory of their lives forever.
We were lucky to have caught this early. I am certain that if this behavior was left unchecked, it would have slowly gotten worse. I would encourage you all to monitor your child’s activity, read their texts, chats, know the usernames and passwords to all of their accounts and profiles. Make sure you know who has access to your children and in what ways they are influencing them. Most of all, make sure they all know you love them.