11°, feels like 2° cold and dry with 5 mph
Announcement / Disclaimer:
Welcome to Run Club Ruck Club! Due to ice concerns, I decided to pivot away from our standard Run Club and do a ruck.
I am not a professional. I do not know of any injuries you may have, and you all are here on your free will. Please modify any workout as you need. Any FNG’s? Yes, one.
- Free of charge
- Open to all men
- Held outdoors, rain or shine, heat or cold
- Ends with circle of trust
- Lead in a rotating fashion
Warm O Rama
- Mosey around half the parking lot
- Tappy Taps x10 (IC)
- Good Mornings x10 (IC)
- Abe Vigoda’s x10 (IC)
The One and Only Thang – The Ruck
- 4:1 minute Ruck / Shuffle push shuffle pace. Plan was to stay mostly on roads this morning. Path was covered in a dusting of fresh snow and made it hard to see any hidden ice below.
Route: Head right out main lot towards 135th street. Take right across Ridge Rd into subdivision. Follow Grand Park Blvd around past school. We used bridge to cross Ridge Rd and continued to follow Grand Park Blvd back to flags for Mary.
Total Distance: 2.5 miles (With warm up mosey)
Timing was perfect as we reached flags right at 5:55.
- Ring of Fire x3 Merkins per individual PAX, then all PAX do (2) Plank Pull Throughs with Ruck/Coupon. Rinse and repeat until ring is complete
- Flutter Kicks x20 (IC) while holding ruck
- Capt’n Thor to 5 Big Boys and 20 Hammers
(Fair warning: Thors will be in all of my Q’s until I can get count / cadence correct. Really though I had it this morning.)
Count O Rama / Name O Rama
19 including 1-FNG. Welcome Abacus!!
Today is a big day for our nation. Today we transition power from one presidency to another. Without doubt this will lead to some unrest and quite possibly even pockets of conflict. This topic is very divisive and fuels very powerful emotions in people, from hate and anger to love and hope. As we leave here today, I ask that we all make conscious effort to positively impact each of our own spheres of influence. Spread good. Be positive. Avoid controversy. If controversy finds you, politely step aside. Take control of your own attitude, your own mindset, and make a conscious effort spreading those good vibes. We cannot expect the nation to be respectful during adversity unless we expect it of ourselves. Aye!