Today is April 1, but there’s no fooling with the need for something hard to start the day. YHC went into planning this with a mind for a gun day, and… well things developed from there.
The great thing about having the Q, is when it comes time to fight the fartsack there can be no question who will win–I needed that certainty this morning. With the strength of the pax behind me I arrived at the AO to find Sparkler and John Denver saddling up for a little EC. Hadn’t planned on it, but hell I was there. Good to be reminded that I need to run more, chasing those two gazelles.
Back at the AO, swig of hot coffee, and drag some KBs over to the flags, and we were ready for some warm-o-rama–at least once Boston Butt was done mumblechatting.
Some Motivators from 6 knocked the chill of this frosty spring morning, some tappy-taps opened up those hammy’s, imperial walkers worked out a few more kinks, and some arm circles hopefully got the cobwebs out of the shoulders because it was time for some thangs.
- 5 rounds
- 15 Swings
- 15 goblet squats
- 20 OHP (10 each arm)
- Mosey around the parking lot (originally I was just going to have a capri lap for recovery, but Boston Butt took off running after the first round, and I took it as a sign after the EC that more running was needed–that and I started out waaay heavy on the reps)
- Plank for the 6 to start next round
Pyramid of pain (hold plank when done) – perform first exercise then perform second and first exercise and so on
- x10 merkins
- x15 Curls
- x20 overhead press
- x20 Halos
- x30 coupon jacks
I Now I had originally taken the reps up 5 for each exercise, but in the light of the gloom, I was pretty sure 25 Halos (especially with a switch of direction) was two much math or something–that and I was maybe a little bit glad myself that we only made it to 30 before Mary—with a few tweaks this will be back and we’ll take it to 50 at least….
- LBC’s IC to 30ish–whenever the count sounded a bit strained in at least a couple directions
- On our twelves for A merkin ring of Fire
- Back on our six for some boxcutters
- Back on our twelve for Mahktar n’diayes/hydraulics
- back on our six for coupon/kb pullovers until 0600
On this day, probably about this time of the morning I was driving to the airport to pick up a girl who’d asked for a ride–driving across 4 states. 20 years later she’s still putting up with me, so perhaps 20-year-old me wasn’t as foolish as my buddy who put me up the night before thought.
So remember, if you believe in something, if something means something to you, don’t be afraid to be a fool for it.