WARM UP (5 mins)
- 10 Tappy Taps
- 10 Side Straddle Hop
- 10 Hairy Rockettes
- 10 Arm Circles – forward & back
THANG 1 – Christmas Caroling (35 mins)
Run around the 1.5 mile length of the park. Every quarter mile we will stop to do a workout to a Christmas song. You will perform 10 reps of each exercise with rinse & repeat:
- Jingle BELLS (3) – Burpees, Elf (low squat), Lunge, LBC’s, Squat
- Frosty the SNOWman (3) – SS Hop, Nipple Scraper merkin, Outlaw, War Hammer
- Rudolph RED Nose Reindeer (3) – Randy’s, Everest, Diamonds
- Overhead clap, lunge lunge squat
- SANTA Claus (2:30) – SS Hop, Al Gore (10 count), Narrow squat, T-merkin, American hammers
- Hold squat, hand release extend arms out
- All I want for XMAS (4) – X-Factor, Mountain Climber Merkin, American Hammers, SS Hop Burpee
- Underneath the Tree by Kelly Clarkson bonus for burpees & squats
**To pick up the six you are required to SS Hop or run back & get the six
MARY (5 mins)
- Sally (exercise to song)
- Count-A-Rama – 16 (wait a minute, Z-Pak was there????????)
- Name A Rama
- Announcements – check out slack
- Christmas Caroling reminds me of a tradition I started with my wife’s family about 10 years ago. Each X-Mas a group of family & friends visit the local elderly facility & walk from room to room singing carols to the elderly, the dying, & in some sad cases the hopeless. When we are done the kids walk in & give ornaments to the individual & then we move on. I cannot tell you the sense of gratitude that comes over those individuals faces & the joy I can see in their hearts. The lessons we are teaching our youth about giving back is in important. We hear from the staff that some of these people see no family in a year & how this brightens their holiday time. Remember that not everybody is as fortunate as some of us have it. I encourage you to reach out to those less fortunate or maybe someone you have not checked with in a while. Also transcend some of this male leadership you have been building in yourself on those around you & those that look up to you in your 2.0’s.
- Any prayer requests.
- God, we know you never forsake us. You care deeply about the details of our lives and promise never to leave. We know you call us to care for those around us, yet in the busyness of our daily lives, we sometimes overlook those who need it most. Lord, reveal to us the forgotten in our community. We come face to face with the lonely on a daily basis; in our jobs, in our schools, in our neighborhoods. Awaken our minds and open our eyes to the broken people around us. For those who feel they have nowhere left to turn, surround them with your presence and remind them that they are not alone. You know each name, story, hope, dream and struggle. Give us confidence to reach out and make a difference in the lives of others. Amen!