I got out there around 4:45am to check on the parking lot and see if it was too icy.
I led with the standard beginning wording. This is a free, volunteer, peer-led workout. I am definitely not a professional. I have no knowledge of any injuries or fitness considerations that you might have. It is each person’s responsibility to be safe and modify exercises if you need to. We all do it, most important thing is that you don’t get hurt. Do we have any FNG’s? I don’t think so. F3 has 5 principles to make sure that it is an F3 workout:
- Be free of charge
- Be open to all men
- Be held outdoors, rain or shine, heat or cold
- Be led by men who participate in the workout in a rotating fashion with no training necessary
- End with a circle of trust
Let’s warm up:
First exercise – motivators (5), in cadence, ready position, begin
Second exercise – abe pagodas, in cadence, ready position, begin
Third exercise – shoulder circles, in cadence, in ready position, begin
For the next two exercises, I am going to dig back into my past when I took karate in my mid 20’s to my mid 30’s. See, I did tie in my random Back to the Future preblast theme. Bam!
Next exercise is going to start in a wide deep squat and I’ll say right or left and you’ll come up and do a front snap kick with that leg and back into (demonstrate for them). Front snap kick is a quick motion. First bring up your leg so at a 90 degree angle and then snap the kick out and bring back to the 90 and then back down into a squat. In ready position in deep squat. On my count Left or Right. Ready begin
Next Exercise will be side leg raises. We will do 10 with each side on my count. In ready position. In cadence. Begin
Gentlemen, when planning this workout. I kept it simple. We will be doing a DORA with some running.
Find a partner and we will be spread out in this location at least 6 feet apart. The DORA will consist of 250 reps. One partner will do the exercises with the coupon and the other runs a lap around the parking lot. You can do a larger one around the outside or a shorter one cutting across the middle. You come back and continue on from the total where your partner left off. When you get to 250 then start the next exercise.
The exercises are:
Bent Over Row
If you get through them then rinse and repeat.
The exercises are written on the signs by the lights on the ground. Any questions?
Be careful running in the parking lot for any slippery ice spots.
20 flutter kicks
10 american hammer
1 minute of high plank
For today’s circle of trust, I want to talk about showing that special person in our life how much we appreciate them. Wife, girlfriend, fiancé or for some of you… perhaps your coupon.
It’s easy to get so comfortable with your M that you take them for granted. I know that I fall into this trap and try to take a step back routinely and make a conscious effort to improve this area. It doesn’t have to be anything huge. Just some ways that we let them know how much they mean to us and make them feel loved and special.
Here’s a few things that I do and some other ideas too:
- Talk to her. Ask her about her day, things that are important to her, etc. and just shut up and listen – no interrupting with some story of yours
- Compliment her – Let her know that she is beautiful. It’s easy to get out of that dating stage of when you are newly infatuated. Try to get back to that.
- Leave little notes – I like writing a nice short note and leaving it so she finds it when she wakes up and is getting ready. It brightens her day and let’s her know that I’m thinking about her and love her.
- Get her some flowers every once in a while just because – same thing as the last one. It lets her know that I am thinking of her and care for her. Let’s her know that she is appreciated and loved.
That’s all I have. My challenge to you is to do one of those things over the weekend to let her know that she is special to you.
Ended with Prayer